FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kurt Kosmowski, The Kosmowski Group - 248-345-4360 / email@example.com
Auburn Hills, Mich. (Nov. 12, 2012) The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame today announced the 57th Induction Class at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
The 57th Class was selected by a statewide, blue-ribbon group of veteran sports journalists, selected college and professional sports administrators, MSHOF members, the MSHOF Board of Directors and also a first-time public online vote. The voting was ratified by Karl Fava, C.P.A.
"The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame 57th Induction Class is made up of a tremendous group of individuals from a variety of sports that have achieved prominence and represented their teams, schools and the State of Michigan at the highest levels," said Scott Lesher, MSHOF chairman. "We look forward to the annual Induction Event in February of 2013 when our newest class will be formally enshrined."
The 57th Induction Class:
- Lomas Brown Detroit Lions
- Mateen Cleaves MSU basketball/Flint Northern H.S.
- Tony Dungy NFL football/Jackson Mich. Parkside H.S.
- Mark Howe NHL hockey/Detroit Red Wings/U.S. Olympian
- Dick Kimball UM Diving /U.S. Olympian
- Pam McGee Flint Northern H.S./U.S. Olympian
- Steve Smith MSU Basketball/Pershing H.S./U.S. Olympian
- Tyrone Wheatley UM football/ track & field/Dearborn Heights Robichaud H.S.
The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame is a 501©3 non-profit organization.
Copyright © 2014 Michigan Sports Hall Of Fame